Tuesday, March 30, 2010

C25K - My Weapons of Choice

My most recent love are my new Reebok Zigtechs.  I know they are something else to look at; however they have proven to be a dream when it comes to shock absorption and down force dispersion.  Somehow those funny little soles provide an extra "Ummmph" and seem to use the energy to propel you to your next step.  Due to the type of material the sole is comprised of, these should only be used on "clean" running surfaces - track, blacktop, treadmill, artificial turf even - -you don't want to use these where you will be coming into contact with any type of small, sharp edged debris (sticks, small stones, etc...)  If you are currently a bit larger and are finding the weight of your body coming down on your legs to be a challenge - -these could do the trick.  I started with nearly 310 lbs on some 42 year old football knees - - these have helped tremendously.  At first I thought the weight of the shoe would be more than my Asics or Nikes, but they are not.  A good firm lightweight shoe.  Can not comment on the durability as they are still a relatively new shoe.


Prior to my Reebok Zigtechs, I alternated between two snazzy and equally effective foot encompassers - - Asics Gel 1120's and a Sweet pair of Nike Zoom Airs.  Both shoes perform very well  and got me through many a cold and rainy night of walking, walking, walking until I got to a point where I was comfortable beginning the C25K


The Nikes proved to be incredible popular on and around St. Patricks Day, so that was a plus.  Additionally, every now and again, riders in passing cars instead of tossing beer cans and batteries would first yell, "GO DUCKS!!!", then toss the beer cans and batteries (evidently an homage to the Oregon Ducks which I hear have a fabulous sense of fashion when it comes to their school uniforms and colors).  The Nikes have always been a conversation piece - - I can be assured that at least one person will comment on them should I have to run into the grocery or stop at a Quik-E-Mart.  Both are still seeing limited service on my off day walking routines and sometimes I'll wear nothing but them and a pair of dress socks to bed.  Evidently I already provide enough humor in the bedroom, because my wife, Summer, incredibly unimpressed  always tells me to "Lose the Shoes . . ."

Last, but certainly not least, are my New Balance 642's with the "Shock Absorbz" sole.  I love this shoe and have loved these shoes from the first day I bought my first pair.  They are excellent for anything from just banging around in, to extended hiking, and can even - -in a pinch - -work well for a quick 30 minute walkish jog if you need to knock out a little cardio before getting wherever it is you should have been 30 minutes prior.

This is actually my second pair of these "NB's".  They are great shoes and are kind of like Birkenstocks - -the older they get, the better they feel and you can find specific tasks for even a beat up pair.  My first pair are called into duty any time we are chilling around the fire pit, there is a need for an emergency gutter cleaning, and . . .and. . . can be incredibly accurate when thrown at a random neighborhood dog taking a morning constitutional on the front lawn. . ("You hairy bastard!!)
 Every now and again, my 3 year old daughter Kyra, who possesses not only a keen fashion eye but an incredible sense of humor enjoys "clopping" around in them singing snippets of Dora the Explorer and Yo Gabba Gabba Songs

Watch . . . .Kyra?

"Yes, Da-Da"



Me:  "You want Daddy to make a Funny?"


"Yes, Da-Da"



Me:  "Pull My Finger . . . . ."

(Kyra pulls my finger with breathless anticipation yet secure in the knowledge of what is to follow)


Me (technically):   "PFFFFFFTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!"





"HA! HA! HA! . . . Daddy your sense of timing and humor is sublime!!!!!"

Nuff said . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment