Thursday, May 20, 2010

Greetings from Oklahoma City!!

Yep, that is right . . .when it rains it pours . . no pun intended.  While in Nashville, I was contacted by one of the firms Summer and I contract with and they asked if I could possibly work some hail and tornado claims out in Oklahoma City.  So after a short 12 hour drive through last nights tornado's (you may have seen it on the news) I arrived at the Midwest hotspot of OK City.  I am staying at the luxurious Day's Inn . . which I am sure at one time was a prime destination - - but now . . .well, maybe not as much . . .for $39 a night I can't complain though



Nice view - -big window - - "home away from home".  I keep the television on Nickelodeon (you can see Dora and Swiper there on the TV) when I work.  It reminds me of being at home - - I work better - -weird huh?

I think this Days Inn was years ahead of the "People with Disabilites" requirements as my shower is designed for a "Little Person", I do believe



No schtick, no joking . .I am standing flatfooted in the shower - - -what are ya going to do?


This is the view right outside my room - -however, don't get jealous . . . .the pools are empty . . .other than a little black rainwater in the very bottom

All in all not too bad - - it isn't home - -but it does the job.  Will start working claims tomorrow and should be here for a while.  Am going to get back to running today - -it has been nearly two weeks of eating crap with no exercise - - jumping back on it today.

Wish everyone the best and I'll try to do better staying in touch

B


1 comment:

  1. Good grief, it didn't occur to me how much time your career keeps you away from home. But, you do seem well adjusted. I look forward to hearing about your next run and I hope you have the Garmin with you.

    ReplyDelete