Saturday, May 8, 2010

W7D3 complete and my Garmin info - - Thanks Dave!

Yesterday, Friday, I completed W7D3. After my totally crappy run of Wednesday, I made it a point to get up and out early. The run proved to be pretty uneventful.  It was a beautiful morning.  The route I took was pretty much through the neighborhood.  We have a couple monster hills close by  - I incorporated a few but they mostly fell within the "walking portion" of the entertainment.

Thanks to Dave's patience, I have been able to figure out how to post my Garmin stats - -so Dave, here you go


I'm still trying to figure out what I am looking at  - -what is good; what should be a red flag . . . numbers, numbers, numbers . . .

Here is a chart with some pretty colors



Last, but not least, the Google Earth version of my route



I seem to have plateaued a bit in my weight loss.  I think it is a result of a combination of things - - 1)  I am not nearly doing the exercise that I was doing the first three months of the year.  For 3 solid months I walked at least 4 miles every day, 60 minutes - -without fail - -7 days a week.  Since starting C25K, I have limited myself to only what the program calls for - - about 30 minutes of exercise - -3 days a week.  I wanted to make sure that I didn't reinjure myself (knees, shins, ankles).  That exercise plus the 100/200/200 program has been all I have been doing.  I stuck to those Rest days.  Additionally, I have become lax on my caloric intake.  I am still eating healthy, just a lot more of it - - since I have started running, I have become ravenous.  Come Monday (thanks for the phrase Jimmy B.) it will be all right.  Starting Monday - W8D1 - I am going back to bootcamp - -along with my running for the program - -after the completion of my run - I am walking another 2 miles at a 4 mph pace.  Additionally, I am going back to my Spark People Nutrition Calculator - so I can keep track of my calories.  I would like to get at least another 10 pounds off by June 12th - Possum Ridge -so I can look Ultra Svelte on race day.  I've not gained any weight - -it has just stopped coming off for like the last 2 to 3 weeks - -I have been stuck in the 258 - 260 range.  We'll see what happens . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment