Friday, April 9, 2010

100/200/200 W1D3 Complete & C25K rest day

Completed Week 1 of my 100/200/200 Push up/Sit up/Squat program. The numbers are not awe inspiring (yet), but I finished the program - Week 1. I am doing great with the push-ups and the squats; the sit-ups . .Mama mia! I did 42 total push-ups, 81 total squats, and 27 sit-ups. I stunk it up the last two sets of sit-ups - - my abdominal muscles are wasted from the first two days of the exercises; that and the 25 years of intense training with Bud Light. On to week 2!



Rest day today for C25K and on to W4D3 tomorrow! I am excited about tomorrow's run. Starting next week, Week 5, I am past the half way point.

Some of you may be aware that my buddy, Dave aka Man_Boobs_in_VA, , and I are going to run our first "official" 5K in June and have decided as a sign of solidarity, neither of us are going to shave until after the race.  Earlier this week I  started my weekly series chronicling my progress to "Bum Face" but I was pleasantly surprised to find an email from Dave - -with a photo updating me on how he is doing:



Well done, Dave . . . .well done . . . . .



3 comments:

  1. Hey Brian,
    great to see you doing the other 3 programs as well as the c25k. do you use the logger program to record your pushups, situps and squats or do you just keep it on your ipod, phone,I am at week 4 d 2 in both the push ups and sit ups and the system really does work.
    keep on going mate..ps love your family
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really envious of your push-up prowess (say that 3 times fast), I cannot push myself up if the whole world plus Jupiter depended on it. Can't wait to hear how week 5 goes! You're going to kill that 20 minute run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know - - you guys are the best . . . .come on Emmz . . jump on the program - - I'm sure you would smoke me in the sit-ups . . . you would think it would be easier for me since my stomach allows me to not have to go as far - -

    ReplyDelete