Sunday, April 4, 2010

The kids

Now that I know that periodically my mother, my wicked stepmother, uncles, aunts and other varying degrees of relatives are checking out my blog - I am going to post some general  recent pictures of the kids.  This is the introduction to that series.  Additionally, this will provide some of my new friends an idea of the circus we have going on here at the Jones household.  With past postings you certainly are getting plenty of me.  Because she is such a large part of my life, my wife Summer has been featured here regularly as well.  With six children though, names and pictures come and go and with possibly a certain degree of confusion.  Before introducing the kids . . .a quick lesson on Daddy Physics




Here are the kids

Justin - 14 (soon to be 15) - our oldest.

Justin is in high school now.  He is a member of the high school football team, loves his Xbox 360, and can text at Mach 8.  One of his biggest loves is University of Kentucky basketball; although I do have him growing as a fledgling West Virginia Mountaineer. Justin is at that stage where he isn't too keen on humoring his old man when it comes to pictures so I am lucky with what I have.



That is Justin on the left with Andrew, a foreign exchange student from Scotland that stayed here with us.  I wish I had a nickle for every time I called him "Groundskeeper Willie" and yelled "Yeah, Baby!!" (I know, Austin Powers wasn't Scottish but they were short on English kids and I wasn't going to let a good catch-phrase go to waste)


Justin also has an "egg-cellent" sense of humor.

As a brief aside - -this is Anton - -one of Justin's closest friends - who also happens to be my best friend's son.  Anton's father and I have been friends for 20 years - - we even have adjoining yards in the same neighborhood -- Anton is here at the house ALOT . . . and the only thing that is rivaled by his presence here at the house is the amount of food he consumes




Keelin - 11 (soon to be 12) our oldest daughter



I find it difficult to even take a bad picture of Keelin.  She has her mother's natural beauty.  One of the most pleasant dispositions I've ever encountered in a human being.  She could be an incredible athlete if she so desired, but at this stage in the game, she, like her brother Justin, appears to be in training for the World Texting Championships.  Her laugh is infectious and she gets incredibly goofy when she is tired.


Regrettably, Keelin is getting older.  In this photo with her little brother Jackson, I believe I have captured her last Halloween (sniff, sniff).

Below is Keelin and her best friend, Moriah.  Moriah is here at the house as often as Anton, but doesn't eat quite as much.




Elliot - 10 (soon to be 11) - Older Middle son (Jan Brady of the Family)

Elliot is our second oldest son.  Elliot has a near photographic memory and is an excellent singer.  Last week he sang the National Anthem for his school.  Elliot can usually be found either on his laptop or on his Nintendo DSI.  His latest interests include cooking, Boy Scouts & his upcoming trip to Washington, D.C.  At times having a conversation with Elliot, I feel as if I am speaking with one of my college professors.



Like all of the rest of our children - - Elliot has a boisterous and "unique" sense of humor.  Summer swears they get it from me (wink, wink)

Oh yeah, Elliot is always pulling down the academic "Bling"


Sammy - 8  - younger middle son - but the most direct "Big Brother"  & liason to the two youngest kids.

Sam loves all things macho - -army, cowboys, zombies.  Sam is at a really cool age where he can float between the 3 older kids - -and true, sometimes be the little tag-along - -but then move to his younger brother and sister and be an absolutely worshipped  Addonis of a Big Brother.  Sam loves chocolate, puppies and his Xbox 360.  Sam, at a young age, was one of the children that was most obviously afflicted with a near debilitating genetic trait - - Bulbous Head Syndrome aquired from his father



Sam has grown into his head size and functions perfectly - - only occassionally suffering a Charlie Brown or Dwight Schrute reference.



Once again, per his shirt,you can see another child possesses their  father's sense of humor (Come On!  It is a Halloween shirt -- cute vampire bat . . . it says Happy Halloween in small print - - it works, trust me.)




Jackson - 4 years old - Daddy's Little Buddy and Mommy's Sweetheart



Jackson has been pretty well chronicled thus far in his Daddy's blog.  Not a day goes by that Jackson doesn't have us laughing uncontrollably at something.  Jackson can be exemplified in a small story from this last Christmas - - several of us were lounging in  the family room, watching televsion and listening to Christmas carols.  Jackson, who was seated by my side, rose and began to walk out of the room.  After a few small steps, Jackson cut loose with a "ripe one" . . you know, the rump trumpet . . gaseous maximus . . . he didn't miss a stride or even acknowledge the infraction with an "Excuse Me" that his mother is still trying desperately to teach him.  I heard the glutteous explitive and I said . ."Uhhhh . . .Jackson . . . .what was that?"  Without missing a beat, and in a perfect Stephen Wright dead-pan,  Jackson responded, "Frosty the Snowman" and proceeded to walk out the room.  That is Jackson . . .






Kyra - 3 - Our Baby Girl

I still am not capable of describing Kyra adaquately . . .most of the time I get choked up . . she is Kyra, and she is our baby





Summer believes Daddy is way too enamored with Kyra at times so it would be remiss not including a picture of one of the times when her halo was a tad "tilted"





Hopefully all of the proud Mamaws, Meemaws, Mee-Mees, and any other relative associated with my gang enjoyed the pictures.  In closing, you will be left with this - - - my favorite picture.







This photo was taken last Christmas.  For weeks leading up to seeing Santa Claus, both Jackson & Kyra were thrilled - - they were a bit less enthusiastic when  it came to "crunch time" or would it be "lap time?"




Man, I love my kids . . . . . .

2 comments:

  1. I do so love seeing dad's brag on their kids, and you did it so well. Your blog cracks me up!!

    Happy running :)
    EllenJ from C25K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Great pictures and descriptions

    ReplyDelete