Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Back in the Saddle

This is going to be a lame, haphazard cheat of a post.  I am going to squeeze about 8 days into one quick shot here.  My conference in Florida went great - -excellent contacts made for the business - -will porbably being seeing quite a bit more of those folks when our storm season gets cranked up.  Obligatory Florida picture from the conference window


I took this picture a couple times


Other than my trip to the beach the first day -  I did no other real venturing out.  My time was spent at the conference or at the hotel.  A snafu with the WI-FI kept my access limited so I was bent about that.

Ended my Florida trip with a visit to Grandpap's. He and Marjorie are doing well in Orange City.

Not too bad to be 89, huh?

From a running and fitness standpoint.  I completed W6 D1 & D2 along with W3D1,2,3 in the 100/200/200 - -however I found out that my Garmin had arrived while I was in Florida - so my enthusiasm waned until I got my hands on that jewel.  I had nearly a week break from the last time I ran so in some weird attempt to catch up and to use my Garmin - -I ran W6D1 again today as well as W7D1 - 6 miles - trying to get info so I could start deciphering like Dave - - I am going to need a consult . .  All in all - - I am back with WI-FI, I am so happy to be back with my wife and children; although I am experiencing a bit of insomnia as I have quit dipping smokeless tobacco, Kodiak, after a 25 year habit.  I am not having too hard a go of it; except it is effecting my sleep.  I had thought I would take a Tylenol PM, but it seems they have all vanished.  So hopefully I will bore myself to sleep.  I will begin to post the fancy stuff like Dave does - heart rate, map my route, yadda, yadda, yadda . . .the Forerunner is pretty awesome - - I am trying to find Tetris on it.. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment