Sunday, April 4, 2010

My first complete mile ran today - - Yay, Easter!!!!

I'm just going to jot this down real quick while the numbers are in my head.  Normally today would be a rest day - - but I guess with it being Spring, beautiful weather, and Easter; something inside of me took over and I decided I was going to run 1 mile completely uninterrupted and time myself - - just as a point of reference.  Plus, this being Easter, I figured should I keel over, I would go with the Law of Averages and if there was going to be any one day of the year that a fat guy kicks the bucket from overexertion and rises back from the dead . . .. this was the day....    


I did it - - and it was relatively EASY!!  Two/Thirds of the way through Week 3 and I chugged out a non-stop mile.  My time was not blistering - 8:45 - - which with all variables staying constant would represent a 26:24 5K time - - around 6 miles an hour (Check me on this Dave).  I would use Dave's fat chart to figure out how much speed I could gain; however Dave doesn't include those of us with a current weight just north of "Holy Crap" - - so I will  bask in the glow of my 260 pounds of flesh with my speculated time of 26:24.

(Stolen from Dave ala Sufficiently Melodramatic)

I made sure my numbers and distances were accurate.  I "Mapped my Run", Google mapped, Fitness Tracked and drove it in my truck - - -I ran a mile.  Psychologically I've just jumped two weeks in C25K.  W3D3 is still waiting for me tomorrow  - - but I scoff at a 3 minute run now . . . .I ran nearly 8 full minutes  - at a respectable pace . . . nothing will stop me now



"We're Watching Fat-boy . . . ."

No comments:

Post a Comment