Friday, April 30, 2010

W6D3 and a comparison (a bit of self indulgence really)

Today was the end of Week 6 in my C25K program.  In reality I am probably somewhere in Week 9, but with my trip to Florida, having ran 5K several times in the past few weeks, and now runnnig twice as much just so I can play with my Garmin Forerunner - -I had to get a firm point to finish out so I picked Week 6 at the beginning of this week and will finish out according to that schedule.  Week 6 Day 3 was on long 20 minute run - -which I completed.  I ended up pacing myself and ran 2 miles in the 20 minutes.  I ran the first mile in 9:16 . . . my second mile my I scaled back and ran a 10:44 - - felt good the whole way through - -when I figure out how to post the Garmin info I will do that - -I have a consult scheduled with Dave - - I did experience some pretty decent cramping related to a stomach virus the house is having - - so I ran "tense" the entire time (if you know what I mean)


Feeling good - - completed this Week 100/200/200 - - will be doing the testing tomorrow

Now for a bit of patting my own back:



Up top and left - we have me at the beginning of C25K - above was taken today -  W6D3



Again - up top and to the left was taken near the beginning of the program; back in March - -above was taken today W6D3 - -this also includes the strength training - -I am starting to see a difference . . . .Summer still tolerates me pestering her to snap photos . . if I could just train Jackson to use the camera, I would be in good shape . . .LOL

1 comment: