Tuesday, April 20, 2010

W6D1 and Bum Face

Greetings from Sarasota, Florida!  This is going to be a quick post as I have found at that the Wi-Fi advertised at my hotel does exist - however you have to come down to the lobby to get a signal...and seeing as how my new friend and manager of the place, Rashneesh, closes down the joint at 11:00 p.m.; I have to work fast.

First W6D1

Completed W6D1.  I ran at Caspersen Beach - a state park down the road from Sarasota in Venice, Florida.  The temperature was 81 and it was beautiful and sunny; but the breeze coming in of the beach made the run enjoyable.  Caspersen Beach is known for its many fossilized sharks teeth.  After my run I spent a few hours walking the beach and success!!! I was able to find a few.  Some of the people there took it seriously - -had what they called Florida Snow Shovels - -contraptions with a collander like apparatus on the end of a sturdy stick that they would thrust down into the sand and water, and allow the sand to flow out, leaving shells and hopefully shark teeth . . me, I just wandered the shores like a large, pale hairy crane looking for a minnow and Ta-Dah!


Shark Teeth!

Pretty Cool, huh?


Today will be Week 3 Day 1 of my 100/200/200 program.  I haven't had a chance to do them yet - - but rest assured that I will complete them once I get shoo-ed out of the lobby. . . now the moment we have all been waiting for:  Bum Face Week 3!!


As a reference point I have included my Week 1 Bum Face photo.  Starting to really get some "shag" going.  I kind of feel like I am on Survivor.  For those that do not know - -Bum Face was a task that I took on 3 weeks ago as a sign of solidarity with my buddy Dave, aka Man_Boobs, by pledging not to shave until after we complete our first official 5K  - the Possum Ridge 5K in Taylorsville, KY.
Before I left for Florida, back home in Kentucky we celebrated Summer's birthday

I hate being away from my family.  I miss them terribly.

I'm going to draw to a close this evening. I miss you sweetie. . .


3 comments:

  1. Yep, you appear to be working very hard out there!! Was there a trail at that park, or did you do a Chariots of Fire thing along the beach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol @ pale hairy crane

    So are you up to W6, D2 next? If so that means I've caught up to you as I'm doing that tomorrow :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey, I miss you too and love you very much!

    ReplyDelete