Sunday, April 18, 2010

West Virginia Style!!!!

This weekend was Summer's birthday.  Saturday evening we had a good ole fashioned weinie roast at the Jones Ranch.  Dad performed wonderfully in his role as fire inspector, Mee Mee supplied delicious homemade slaw and pasta salad . .. and the topper . . .SMORES!!!

Fire safety is of incredible importance to my father . .


He diligently stood guard at the "controlled burn"; making sure that there were no violations or horseplay.  Unfortunately, while Papaw was tending the inferno - -Sam had other ideas



As did Jackson


Nothing says safety like kids, chainsaws and railroad spikes in West Virginia.  I would be remiss and my father is probably cussing me right now, if he reads:

Dad:  " Now look there Jackie(Mee Mee); that Simple Brian is making it look like I just let them kids run crazy with chainsaws and railroad spikes while I fiddled with the fire"

At all times, the kids were adaquately supervised - - I was there documenting everything and there was always the every watchful eye of MEE-MEE



Mee Mee kept all in line - - even when the big saws came out


I'm not saying that Dad would periodically get distracted - -although I did catch him fiddling with his "hare"


The party went to hell though when Dad had one too many cups of coffee combined with an extra large Smore and pulled his "squirrel" out in front of everyone.





Truth is - -he's a pretty good guy - - even for a Dad . . .he has his issues



And many, Summer & Mee Mee particularly, say that he and I are more alike than either of us care to admit



I wouldn't trade him for anything.  The kids adore him



And the truth is - he is one of the few people on this earth that I would trust with the most precious things in my life



Thanks for a great weekend . . .oh yeah, and Mee Mee is always there just in case Dad goes beyond "low idle"



Looking forward to the next trip Home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment