Monday, April 12, 2010

Bum Face - Week 2 - 8 weeks until Possum Ridge 5K




Bum Face - -Week 2.  In my quest for solidarity with my buddy, Dave aka Man_Boobs, during our first official 5K, The Possum Ridge 5K race, I have decided to forego shaving until after completion of the race.  Aside from the general movement through the Miami Vice phase this week, I am struck by something else. . . look at the difference in my chin gut.  Just in a one week time frame.  Believe me, I checked it over several different angles, zooming the photos in and out; taking multiple photos; milking every bit of vanity I could, until I called the Reality-Checker:  my wife. "Honey!!!!"    "Honey!!!!!" . . . . nothing . . . .thinking I would use the current effective call in the home, I shrilled "MAMA" ; thinking myself quite amusing . . . .that got her but she didn't think it was near as cute as I did.  Summer studied the photos and after a few moments . . . .(those dots are me waiting in anticipation) declared that my second chin was not seeing as much of its shadow as it had been the week before. . . .Yay!!!!  8 less weeks of Fat Face . . .you know, Groundhog-shadow . . ..  forget it




My Target Growth:





I am allowing myself 6 weeks to find a Bubba Gump Shrimp Hat at Goodwill.  If not, I am going to have to go retail (yuck).  Better yet, I may go ahead and get it so it will be good and rotting by race day.

And as luck would have it - Man_Boobs emailed me an updated Bum Face photo of his own.



Come on Dave!  No cheating!!!!

1 comment:

  1. If I run with bees hanging from my head, I would expect much higher praise!

    ReplyDelete