Thursday, April 8, 2010

W4D2 - -Complete

W4D2 completed!  This morning's run was excellent.  My body is adapting well to this running thing and I can see where this will be part of my life from now on.  Week 2 & Week 3 is a good time to start acclimating and training your body to run a bit more slowly.  Without exaggeration or hyperbole, I believe I could complete a 5K at this point.  During today's run, I just went ahead and ran through one of the walking "recovery" periods . . . .. . true, this isn't a 3 mile distance yet - -however, according to my waypoints and measurements - -I ran 2 miles during the running phase of today's workout - - not counting the 5 minute warm up and cool down.  The weather this morning was much different than yesterday - - high 40's to low 50's.  Gray and overcast with intermittent rain . . but I did it - -and it was enjoyable.  Completed W1D2 of my 100/200/200 push up, sit up, squats program last night.

Better yet, I have chosen to forego any photographs of today's activities. Instead I have original works of art from Elliot, Sam & Jackson of their Daddy.

This is by Jackson (age 4).  One may find it eerily reminiscent of Picasso's "Guernica"



Not exactly Daddy as the subject matter - - but his big brother's were drawing as well and I think he did wonderfully.


Next up is Elliot's "Daddy & the Finish Line"


Elliot's medium is computer paper & a combination of crayons, colored pencils, and oil pencils.  I can be seen proudly crossing the finish line in what I am assuming is my first 5K.  I appreciate that Elliot kept the paramedics and the defibrillator out of the picture.

Sam chose markers as his method of expression


In no way being discriminatory - - but I believe only a parent knows the immense feeling of pride I have . . . there is my little buddy, Sammy, right beside me . . .cheering me on . . "Good Job, Dad" . . . . how in the world can a review at work, a finals exam . . .anything . . .compare to your own child looking at you with pride and telling you "Good Job".  I may also add that Sam has included my mp3 player, with Ullrey's Couch to 5K program, AND . . .if you look closely . . . .the blue in my face is sweat . . . .I have been blessed with two personal trainers:  Sammy & Jackson.  Aside from the actual run itself - -one or both are always by my side, working right along with me, when I am doing my stretches, my push ups, sit ups . . .and I am proud to say that normally they match my output 3 to 1 . . .but what a great cheering section.

Last but not least is another by Sammy
He decided on a "Before & After" theme . . and I did confirm with him - -the "After" is how he sees me now



A brief note, and this also was confirmed with the artist . . 1)  I am not pregnant (JUST FAT)  in the "Before" drawing and 2)  As seen in the "After" drawing, I  have not developed boobs, a goiter, or a distended Adam's Apple.  Sam could not remember whether that was supposed to be my significantly smaller belly that he accidently put above my arms, or, whether it was one of my much larger biceps that had mysteriously gravitated toward my throat.  He is an artist and was "in the zone" . . . .who am I to question creativity?

No comments:

Post a Comment